AC Shroud Blew Off

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
rubyslippers6232
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

AC Shroud Blew Off

Post by rubyslippers6232 »

Has anyone had this happen to them? Just sitting in a parking lot, it blew off during a storm and smashed into a dozen pieces. Is this something we can replace ourselves (not very handy, mind you) or do we need professionals?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: AC Shroud Blew Off

Post by skater »

rubyslippers6232 wrote:Has anyone had this happen to them? Just sitting in a parking lot, it blew off during a storm and smashed into a dozen pieces. Is this something we can replace ourselves (not very handy, mind you) or do we need professionals?
I think this is a fairly common problem and they are replaceable. Unfortunately I don't know how they're held on to tell you how hard replacing one is. Sorry.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Just 4 screws holding it on, 1 on each side at rear and 2 in the front...

Easy for you to replace if you feel comfortable getting on-top-of your rig....or, they are actually easy to get to from the sides from a step ladder

I suspect they are either missing or if they are still in place up there you will find 4 little pieces of the broken cover there where the rest blew off

There are a number of replacements available at a variety of prices related to quality and thickness.....

They get old and brittle