Shower Fan Switchout

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
Buckeye
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 6009

Shower Fan Switchout

Post by Buckeye »

Has anyone replaced the small round overhead fan in the shower with a Fantastic Fan? I've been considering having it done to get more front to back/back to front airflow through the B-van. I'd like to put in a basic model that has a revearse airflow option. Wondered about possible damage to the fiberglass top due to age ('96) and project/labor costs. The fan is about $120. I will not do this project myself but had not decided whether to take the Bvan over to the Airstream Factory or to Camper's World or to a local RV dealership. The battery wiring would already be up there from the vent fan so it doesn't seem like much would be involved except cutting a bigger hole, dropping the Fantastic Fan in, sealing the outside joints, and connecting the wires. Any thoughts/recommendations?
Roadhog
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 8063

shower fan

Post by Roadhog »

Sounds like a geat idea to get more air flow. Let us know if it works out for you. Happy Trails, Howard
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I think the only thing that would worry me is that you want to be able to run the bathroom fan in the rain. Otherwise I can't see any problems - there should be enough room for it and all.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

I just replaced the front vent on my 1993. The fiberglass seemed like it would be easy to cut out larger if need be. Just take your time and cut through one layer at a time. I'm not sure if a Dremel with a cutoff disc would work on fiberglass, but it sure works on steel to cut through thin layers without cutting what is beneath.
Buckeye
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 6009

Re: Shower Fan Switchout

Post by Buckeye »

I had an RV repair guy put in the new rear bathroom Fantastic Fan for me in December. I want to post a couple pictures for you to see it from the inside only. I don't have any pictures from an overhead view taken from the outside (yet). B-van went directly into winter stroage that weekend. Since I don't get on here too often, I'm rusty on importing photos to my gallery. But I'll give it the old college try! And I'll add some photos from where my water heater is bypassed. Only takes a jug of winterizer to complete the task, now. And it's a one-person job.