Adding an Oven

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Adding an Oven

Post by Eamonn McG »

Anyone know how hard it would be to add an oven to my '92? I've noticed a few pics with one and was considering buying a camp oven but think it'd be easier and more convenient to travel with one installed. Right now theres only a 2 burner stove and under that is a large double door cabinet which I'm, assuming could have had the optional oven. The only thing is directly below this space I have a 400 watt sub woofer and I'm afraid the heat from the oven may destroy that. Its not a huge deal if I cant have the oven but it would be a cool add on. As always any help would be appreciated.
Eamonn
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Adding an Oven

Post by skater »

Our trailer doesn't have an oven, either. We bought a toaster oven to use in there... but of course it requires camping with shore power available, and a place to store it. To add the gas oven, I think it's a matter of cutting out the cabinets in question and replacing the stove top with a stove top/oven setup.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992

Post by Eamonn McG »

yeah sounds like the toaster oven is a better idea. Thanks for the input
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

Its actually an easy task as I'd done that in one of my b190's....removing the doors and center piece allows the correct width for the oven.

One cut on each side in the counter top also make the fit correct. The oven then simply sits on what was previously the floor of the cabinet. There is virtually no heat generated on the base of an oven so the storage area below would not experience any heat.

The gas line can be easily hooked up with a new flex piece...