ABS Modular part # F4UZ2C219CG (where to find obsolete part?

Tires, shocks, sway bars, air bags... What crosswind?
luv2offroad
New User
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

ABS Modular part # F4UZ2C219CG (where to find obsolete part?

Post by luv2offroad »

Hi,
I have a 1995 B190 w/ 42K miles on it, which I love this RV. I know Ford had issues w/ their ABS light coming on and off which could be one of the wheel sensors but most likely it is a faulty ABS Modular. After researching w/ Ford and websites like RockAuto, the OEM part (F4UA2C219CG) for a 4-wheel ABS system is no longer available. Does anyone know how to get this part? Or is there another part that might work? RockAuto has a part but the OEM # change on the last 2 digits only, but made for a 1995 Ford E350 7.5 L (Ford ABS-4WAL). Lastly, if there is no way to find such a part, is there a way to rewire the cruise control to work when the light turns on since they are interlinked? My cruise control only works when light doesn't come on and on a long trip, it is very inconvenient to have to keep your foot into it. Thanks for any and all help. :rofl:
twistedskipper
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: ABS Modular part # F4UZ2C219CG (where to find obsolete p

Post by twistedskipper »

Another possibility (from googling) is a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) located in the rear axle (differential housing). Apparently this sensor, or sometimes the wiring to the sensor, can cause either cruise control outages or ABS warning lights or both. Could this be your problem?

Also, if you can get the van to a Ford dealer while the ABS light is on, they should be able to check the ABS error code. Not sure if they can check for past error codes if the ABS light isn't currently lit.

(No personal experience with this problem, just reporting one of the findings from some Internet searching.)
--
Tim
1999 B190