New Wheels and Tires--a shopping opportunity

Tires, shocks, sway bars, air bags... What crosswind?
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Re: New Wheels and Tires--a shopping opportunity

Post by Keystone »

I'm starting out with the door recommendation of 55/80. New tires are rated up to 80. Might increase the front pressure up 5psi at a time and see how it feels. Eighty psi certainly makes for a firm ride! Now that I have the 12-v compressor with me, airing down or up is pretty straightforward so I hope to get it dialed in this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keystone
B190 4x4
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
WBCCI: 0

Post by Tucsonan »

Keystone wrote:I'm starting out with the door recommendation of 55/80. New tires are rated up to 80. Might increase the front pressure up 5psi at a time and see how it feels. Eighty psi certainly makes for a firm ride! Now that I have the 12-v compressor with me, airing down or up is pretty straightforward so I hope to get it dialed in this summer.

Hey Keystone,

Are you happy with your 12V compressor?

If so, please let me know the make/model. I have fits trying to get mine over 60psi.
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Keystone »

Happy, yes, because it works well though I wish it was smaller. It's a Puma 12-V with a small tank, PD1006. I bought it based on positive reviews over on the expedition portal site. I usually run the engine during use to avoid draining battery.

My recovery equipment inventory grows a little every year...sigh. We often end up far from civilization, and like to go home in the van we came in!

It's also handy to have the Puma in the garage to air up tires in our fleet of 4 vehicles.

Keystone
B190 4x4
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
WBCCI: 0

Post by jb1rd73 »

Those look amazing, how has the ride quality been? Very nice upgrade!!!