levelling jacks?

Tires, shocks, sway bars, air bags... What crosswind?
mickle
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 0

levelling jacks?

Post by mickle »

Wondering if anyone has installed any kind of levelling jacks on their B190? Manual or electric?

I find lots of camp sites just aren't very level. I carry a few pieces of wood around but that is only good for an inch or two. Would be really nice to be able to park in almost any spot and level things quickly.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: levelling jacks?

Post by skater »

I don't know of anyone that has. I've been kicking around the idea of putting in an air suspension system that's controllable at each corner. Seems like that could handle a few inches of slope, which for me would cover the bulk of situations. Even if the slope in one direction (say, side-to-side) is too much for the air suspension to handle, getting it level in the other direction (front-to-back) would simplify using blocks to level side to side.

But, in the absence of that, I've been using the blocks for years - they look like giant LEGO pieces. There are yellow ones, and orange ones, and they seem about the same to me (we have both - orange in the trailer, yellow for the B190). The blocks work well, as long as it's only off level in one direction - if it's both directions, the blocks can get annoying.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit