how to determine when a Tire was manufactured

Tires, shocks, sway bars, air bags... What crosswind?
jimi

how to determine when a Tire was manufactured

Post by jimi »

check out following link to determine manufacture date.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/ ... ?techid=11

could not paste picture
two digit year after 2k hopefully no one has tires over 11 years old :lol:
DOT U2LL LMLR 5107 Manufactured during the 51st week of the year
DOT U2LL LMLR 5107 Manufactured during 2007

also from link
And finally, hold on to your sales receipt. Most tire manufacturer's warranties cover their tires for four years from the date of purchase or five years from the week the tires were manufactured. So if you purchase new tires that were manufactured exactly two years ago they will be covered for a total of six years (four years from the date of purchase) as long as you have your receipt. If you lose your receipt, your tires' warranty coverage will end five years from the week the tire was produced (resulting in the tire manufacturer's warranty coverage ending only three years from the date of purchase in this example
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Good info, thanks. I'm going to sticky this thread so it stays at the top of the forum (as soon as I remember how).
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Denco
Weekend Camper

Post by Denco »

I bought tires once from Goodyear, after 2 years i saw cracks on the sidewalls. read the tire year they was already 6 years old!! made them give me my money back. Lucky I had the sales tag or they said they go by the year on the tire for warranty!! What a scam!! DOT has no dog in the fight for sellers selling old tires. Google it and you find Sears has sold 10 year old tires to people!! Buyer be aware of these rip off sellers.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

yep....when buying new tires for anything, be sure to check the numbers to see when the actual manufacture date is.