WBCCI Membership

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
Eagle
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

WBCCI Membership

Post by Eagle »

A few days ago I visited the WBCCI web site and was impressed with the number of things they do. Throughout the year they are doing something and that fits my lifestyle as I do like to travel. Well not for the past three years, but now that I have retired for the second time I am ready to hit the road.

I submitted an application for membership and hope to hear from them shortly. When asked for the serial number of the rig I gave them the vin number. From reading a post by Alaskan I find that the serial number is not the vin number - oh well - I guess they will tell me.

I believe that skater is the only person here who belongs to WBCCI.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

Wayne....if you've now retired for the second time its probably time for a trip to Alaska...?

Planning made easy....pick up a copy of "The Mile Post" www.themilepost.com
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

There are a couple people here that are WBCCI members, but not many.

WBCCI has its ups and downs. I suggest getting with a unit that you like - I'm in the Washington, DC unit (WDCU), which prides itself on being the rebel unit. Some units are very formal, while others are more laid back. Finding the right unit of WBCCI is key to enjoying the club.

My parents are members of WBCCI, and I went to some rallies with them when I was younger. At the first rally we went to, the club got kicked out of the restaurant because the business meeting (on Saturday night, mind you) went on...and on...and on... Things like that made me hesitate to join when I bought the B190, but I'd heard good things about the WDCU, from several different people, so I thought I'd try it - and I'm glad I did.

The rallies I've been to with the WDCUers have been a lot of fun, and people are very welcoming - I thought perhaps I'd be treated like a leper for having a B-van, but that hasn't been the case at all. Also, the WDCU has people with kids and all in it - it's not all retirees like some units. I'm still the youngest owner there, but it's not like it's me (at 32) and a couple dozen octogenarians, either.

So...one last time... find the right unit. :)

(Since you're in Virginia, may I suggest the WDCU? It's $1 for the annual membership! And we have two rallies coming up yet - one in Staunton, VA near the end of September that is "just camping", and the other is in Newport News about two weeks later. Check here for info.)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Eagle
Weekend Camper

Post by Eagle »

Alaskan, yes I have wanted to travel Alaska for some time. I think it is too late in the season to do that now, but next summer I plan on being in your neighborhood. The link to my site should work now. Found out that I had certain IP addresses blocked.

Skater, when I applied for membership I selected the Virginia area Club. After reading your reply and looking at the Washington Club site I am going to apply to them. It is always good getting information from those who have been there.

Thanks to all and I will see you on the road.

I am headed to the Smokey Mountains in two weeks.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

Wayne..... yep, falls in the air already in Alaska already so plan on next summer....budget about twice the amount of time as you think you might need

Get a copy of the Mile Post, you'll be happy that you did...makes planning a lot more fun...

You might be able to have a traveling partner... Steve has his new copy the The Mile Post as I sent one to him recently.

Dave....
Eagle
Weekend Camper

Post by Eagle »

Skater, I have joined the Washington DC Unit at a good time.

Just received notice that there will be a Hot Air Ballon Rally this coming weekend. I plan on attending and look forward to meeting you if you are planning on being there.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

Eagle wrote:Skater, I have joined the Washington DC Unit at a good time.

Just received notice that there will be a Hot Air Ballon Rally this coming weekend. I plan on attending and look forward to meeting you if you are planning on being there.
No, I can't make it - with no usable 12 volt coach battery, my "dry" camping time is QUITE limited - approximately 5 minutes. :( Definitely say hi to everyone for me, although I did just see them last weekend. :) They'll know me as "RJ", not "Skater", of course.

Eagle
Weekend Camper

Post by Eagle »

Sorry you can't make it. I have a generator and will run a cord to your rig for lights if you want.

I wanted to attend the Rally last week end, but had not received any credentials and so stayed at home.

The WBCCI membership has already paid off. Camping for the Hot Air Ballon Rally would have cost $150 in parking fees. Being a member of the Club it is going to cost nothing. :lol: Can't get any better than that.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

Eagle wrote:Sorry you can't make it. I have a generator and will run a cord to your rig for lights if you want.

I wanted to attend the Rally last week end, but had not received any credentials and so stayed at home.

The WBCCI membership has already paid off. Camping for the Hot Air Ballon Rally would have cost $150 in parking fees. Being a member of the Club it is going to cost nothing. :lol: Can't get any better than that.
Thanks for the offer - but you'd have to run the generator continuously. My battery is really, really shot. (I have a generator, too, actually.)

You should've come to the Newport News rally - we definitely would've welcomed you, and the membership chair (Star) was there and would've known you were legit. :) (She was also dressed up as a wench - second from the right in this picture.) Here are all of my pictures from that rally.

If you can make it, the Cherry Blossom Rally in April is VERY popular - we sold out at 40 campers last year! I plan to go (it's only 8 miles from my house...). It's timed to coincide with the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC.

Also, next year, they're having the every-other-year Outer Banks Rally, which was my first rally with them in 2006 and I had a great time. That's going to be in August, not sure of the exact week yet (shorter stays are fine, too). Also, Jerry and Sonia are planning a rally in Cape May, NJ in late September which sounds nice, too.

Eagle
Weekend Camper

Post by Eagle »

Thanks for the pictures. I am planning on attending as many Rallys as I can - in between other trips I will make.

I will post pictures on my site of the Hot Air Ballon Rally.