Plan to Purchase 1991 B-190 174.000 mi...questions?

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
LarryMarty
Weekend Camper

Post by LarryMarty »

thanks roadhog......

i am going to have to replace the shower fan....the fan blades are broken....

the fantastic fan will not open, even though the motor runsto open the vent, and the fan doesn't come on. i hope i can find a simple fan .... it doesn't have to be a fantastic fan for me.

btw...does anyone know where I can find the right canopy? ... thx
[/b]
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

LarryMarty wrote:thanks roadhog......

i am going to have to replace the shower fan....the fan blades are broken....

the fantastic fan will not open, even though the motor runsto open the vent, and the fan doesn't come on. i hope i can find a simple fan .... it doesn't have to be a fantastic fan for me.

btw...does anyone know where I can find the right canopy? ... thx
Call Fantastic Fans - they'll be able to help you. As someone else said, they're a decent company to work with.

What do you mean by canopy? Do you mean the awning outside the camper? If so, the 12' Horizon awning by Dometic (or, the Fiamma equivalent - they're the same awning) is the one you'd want. Look for it to be about $750 or so installed - there's a long thread in the Exterior forum that explains why I know this. (We can't use standard awnings because the arms would block other things, so we have to go with a "case" awning.)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
LarryMarty
Weekend Camper

Awning

Post by LarryMarty »

Yes....I did mean the awning, and thanks for the info.

Wow...I would have never IMAGINED that it would cost so much, but eventually I will have to get one.

I will look in the exterior section that you mentioned. I'm still new to the site, so I don't know everything it has to offer.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Awning

Post by skater »

LarryMarty wrote:Wow...I would have never IMAGINED that it would cost so much, but eventually I will have to get one.
Yeah. To me it's just not a camper without an awning. :)

The good news about buying a new one is that you'll get a warranty, and it looks better and probably works better than, say, mine does. Also parts will be available for it, if you should happen to need them (they aren't available for mine).
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit