B190 database

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Re: B190 database

Post by mountaindent » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Ok, Skater

This is my info which you may have all this because the previous owner told me about this site when bought the van and has posted before. Just check to make sure not duplicate I suppose. Will have to get you the Airstream VIN when I get to the camper again. Unless, you already have it through the previous listing of the Ford VIN.

1992 B190 E350 7.5L V8 Fl
VIN: 1FDJS34G6NHA29210
bought in California then made it's way to New Jersey in 2009 and stayed there till 2015 then on to North Carolina where I bought the van in 2017

User avatar
skater
Site Admin
Posts: 2089
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: B190 database

Post by skater » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm

mountaindent wrote:Ok, Skater

This is my info which you may have all this because the previous owner told me about this site when bought the van and has posted before. Just check to make sure not duplicate I suppose. Will have to get you the Airstream VIN when I get to the camper again. Unless, you already have it through the previous listing of the Ford VIN.

1992 B190 E350 7.5L V8 Fl
VIN: 1FDJS34G6NHA29210
bought in California then made it's way to New Jersey in 2009 and stayed there till 2015 then on to North Carolina where I bought the van in 2017
Got it. The idea is to kind of track the campers, so having multiple entries isn't a bad thing. :) Where are you located? (Roughly.)

In your van's case, I have a record of it from 2011 when it was in New Jersey. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit

mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Re: B190 database

Post by mountaindent » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 am

I am in Asheville,NC area. The gentleman was in New Jersey then moved down to mountains of NC where I saw it on Facebook for sale I think. I only had to drive 20 miles to see it which looking back the camper was in much worse shape than advertised(pictures and description) and needed a lot of work because most items replaced were original. However, I look forward to camping in the van and she looks really good right now....covered up for our mild winter right now waiting for Spring.

User avatar
Oldbagpipe
Weekend Camper
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:05 pm
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0
Location: PNW

Re: B190 database

Post by Oldbagpipe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 am

skater wrote:From this post...:

We now know there are at least 1,343 B190s made; it's likely there were at least 1,379 if Airstream started with sequence number 1.

General update - here's what I have now:
VIN Sequence numbers: 300036 - 301379
There are at least 1,343 B190s.

Number of B190s in database: 102 (7.6% of 1,343)

Breakdown by year:
  • 1989: 2...
As I have learned, the 1989's are a bit of a mystery, as the prototypes were not given Airstream VINs, they were Okanagan with no historical data located, from what I can tell. Mine was early, manufactured in June of 1988, with all the Airstream decor and badges, but an Okanagan Identification.

User avatar
skater
Site Admin
Posts: 2089
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: B190 database

Post by skater » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:42 am

Oldbagpipe wrote:
skater wrote:From this post...:

We now know there are at least 1,343 B190s made; it's likely there were at least 1,379 if Airstream started with sequence number 1.

General update - here's what I have now:
VIN Sequence numbers: 300036 - 301379
There are at least 1,343 B190s.

Number of B190s in database: 102 (7.6% of 1,343)

Breakdown by year:
  • 1989: 2...
As I have learned, the 1989's are a bit of a mystery, as the prototypes were not given Airstream VINs, they were Okanagan with no historical data located, from what I can tell. Mine was early, manufactured in June of 1988, with all the Airstream decor and badges, but an Okanagan Identification.
I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before. I should start including the Okanagans in the database, and I'll just have a flag to indicate whether it's an Okanagan or an Airstream. They still have a valid Ford VIN. We couldn't find anything like the Airstream VIN on Marc's Okanangan, but maybe there is a production ID number somewhere that we missed.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit

User avatar
Oldbagpipe
Weekend Camper
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:05 pm
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0
Location: PNW

Re: B190 database

Post by Oldbagpipe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 am

More puzzles....
I just ran across AlexW's post (http://b190.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2563) where he introduces himself with his 1989 Okanagan. Interesting enough, he shows a photo of the data plate (closet) where I can compare his information to mine. This information only makes me more confused. They were made at the same place, eight months apart. His is an Airstream with Okanagan painted on the outside and mine is an Okanagan with Airstream painted on the outside. The insides appeared to be identical, originally:
OK data.jpg
OK data.jpg (27.22 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
I feel like a blind man, in a dark room, looking for a black cat which isn't there....
Last edited by Oldbagpipe on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Oldbagpipe
Weekend Camper
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:05 pm
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0
Location: PNW

Re: B190 database

Post by Oldbagpipe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am

Images of the two to compare
Attachments
OKAIRcompare.jpg
OKAIRcompare.jpg (55.45 KiB) Viewed 5254 times

User avatar
skater
Site Admin
Posts: 2089
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: B190 database

Post by skater » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Oldbagpipe wrote:More puzzles....
I just ran across AlexW's post (http://b190.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2563) where he introduces himself with his 1989 Okanagan. Interesting enough, he shows a photo of the data plate (closet) where I can compare his information to mine. This information only makes me more confused. They were made at the same place, eight months apart. His is an Airstream with Okanagan painted on the outside and mine is an Okanagan with Airstream painted on the outside. The insides appeared to be identical, originally:
OK data.jpg
I feel like a blind man, in a dark room, looking for a black cat which isn't there....
Well, I know the owner of Marc's went to Airstream and had them put the Airstream brand on it, so maybe his wasn't the only one...
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit

mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Re: B190 database

Post by mountaindent » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 am

How often do you see a B190 come out of the dark? Like a spy coming out of the field? Or has the number count(and recount with sales and exchanges stabilized?)

Went camping this weekend and a couple from Athens, Georgia camping stopped by to admire and how they would "love to find a camper like that".

SeaQuinn
Weekend Camper
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 pm
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Re: B190 database

Post by SeaQuinn » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Just adding my 1999 VIN to the database :) Some the beast will awaken from it's snowy New York lair :)Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
skater
Site Admin
Posts: 2089
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: B190 database

Post by skater » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:40 am

mountaindent wrote:How often do you see a B190 come out of the dark? Like a spy coming out of the field? Or has the number count(and recount with sales and exchanges stabilized?)
I pick up a few here and there off for sale ads. I intend to ask on the Facebook group to see if people there (who aren't also here) would be interested in contributing. I haven't posted much about it, but I still add new sightings (not necessarily new VINs, of course) to it.

After I add SeaQuinn's info (Thanks!), I'll post the latest results.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit

User avatar
skater
Site Admin
Posts: 2089
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: B190 database

Post by skater » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:33 pm

SeaQuinn wrote:Just adding my 1999 VIN to the database :) Some the beast will awaken from it's snowy New York lair :)Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's your chassis VIN? Since I don't always get the Airstream VIN, I use the chassis VIN as the primary key. (For my future reference, your Airstream VIN is 1B9KGVA28XJ301368 - I had to do a little sleuthing on the J to figure out what character that was supposed to be!)

Stats:
We're up to 106 in the database, 107 once we get SeaQuinn's in.

Most of them are 1993s (not surprising), followed by 1991s and 1995s.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit

SeaQuinn
Weekend Camper
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 pm
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Re: B190 database

Post by SeaQuinn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:32 pm

skater wrote:
SeaQuinn wrote:Just adding my 1999 VIN to the database :) Some the beast will awaken from it's snowy New York lair :)Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's your chassis VIN? Since I don't always get the Airstream VIN, I use the chassis VIN as the primary key. (For my future reference, your Airstream VIN is 1B9KGVA28XJ301368 - I had to do a little sleuthing on the J to figure out what character that was supposed to be!)

Stats:
We're up to 106 in the database, 107 once we get SeaQuinn's in.

Most of them are 1993s (not surprising), followed by 1991s and 1995s.
Here ya go Skater :) thank you for doing this for us all. Greatly appreciated!ImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
skater
Site Admin
Posts: 2089
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: B190 database

Post by skater » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Thanks, got it.

I stumbled on to some old eBay ads for B190s that I didn't already have. So now we have 116 listed!

There's one that I spotted 10 years apart - 2007 and then again in 2017.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit

User avatar
skater
Site Admin
Posts: 2089
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:00 am
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: B190 database

Post by skater » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:11 am

Some quick updates on this:

First, Colonial Patrick let me know that the lowest sequence number they've seen on an Interstate (the successor to the B190) at Colonial Airstream in New Jersey was 301405, meaning the highest-numbered B190 would be, at most, 1404.

Then, just this morning, I came across this document posted in the Facebook B190 Nation group that claims 1,393 were built. (I think this document is from a Blue Beret article. I remember seeing something on them a while back. I hope I didn't accidentally toss that issue.)

From the Airstream VINs you've submitted, we have a range of 36-1379. However, it seems likely that Airstream started with sequence number 1, which would imply at least 1,378 were built. That nicely agrees with the 1,393 given in that document above.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit

Post Reply