Decals

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Decals

Post by Choptop »

Thanks Skater, got mine the other day, thinking about having the windows tinted, will they go over the decals or should I wait to put them on ?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Decals

Post by skater »

Choptop wrote:Thanks Skater, got mine the other day, thinking about having the windows tinted, will they go over the decals or should I wait to put them on ?
I think they usually tint on the inside, don't they? The decal is meant to go on the outside.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

skater wrote:
Choptop wrote:Thanks Skater, got mine the other day, thinking about having the windows tinted, will they go over the decals or should I wait to put them on ?
I think they usually tint on the inside, don't they? The decal is meant to go on the outside.
Ok, I didn't look, if it goes on the outside that's great.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

Choptop wrote:
skater wrote:
Ok, I didn't look, if it goes on the outside that's great.
I mean, you could put it on the inside (and I think it would still work even on the tint), but it would be backward outside. :)

Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

But if you were looking at it upside down or in a mirror it would look right, right :?: :rofl:
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

I have my B190 decal on the back window but, would like to ask the opinion about putting something on the spare wheel cover. Have cleaned the wheel cover well but, it looks like it needs some detailing with because it is this big plain looking area begging for something. Any ideas or where to get an Airstream decal that I could put on the large wheel area?
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

mountaindent wrote:I have my B190 decal on the back window but, would like to ask the opinion about putting something on the spare wheel cover. Have cleaned the wheel cover well but, it looks like it needs some detailing with because it is this big plain looking area begging for something. Any ideas or where to get an Airstream decal that I could put on the large wheel area?
I took my spare tire carrier off to have it welded, the piece of 1 x 1 wood, w/hose clamps on either side of the break, not my handiwork, wasn't cutting it, sanded it down and repainted it and will be putting it back on this after noon, in preparation for our 1st getaway w/Aunt B. I will probably pic up a new cover in the spring but have thought some kind of painted mural or something would look good on their.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

mountaindent wrote:Any ideas or where to get an Airstream decal that I could put on the large wheel area?
Airstream Supply. Note, watch the shipping cost. I recently ordered some things from them and the shipping was insane.

Airstream themselves have one.

Vintage Trailer Supply

And so on. :) I could also do something with our vinyl cutter if people are interested, up to 12"x24" in size.

mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler

Post by mountaindent »

Thanks, Skater! I took my B190 in and had the back door latch fixed and several of the service techs asked if they could look inside. It was the talk of the Ford Dealership that day.
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler

Post by mountaindent »

Choptop wrote:
mountaindent wrote:I have my B190 decal on the back window but, would like to ask the opinion about putting something on the spare wheel cover. Have cleaned the wheel cover well but, it looks like it needs some detailing with because it is this big plain looking area begging for something. Any ideas or where to get an Airstream decal that I could put on the large wheel area?
I took my spare tire carrier off to have it welded, the piece of 1 x 1 wood, w/hose clamps on either side of the break, not my handiwork, wasn't cutting it, sanded it down and repainted it and will be putting it back on this after noon, in preparation for our 1st getaway w/Aunt B. I will probably pic up a new cover in the spring but have thought some kind of painted mural or something would look good on their.
Yes, that would look good to have some statement on the cover....the camper already gets some looks but, some Airstream logo or painted mural would be extra cool on the spare tire cover
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

mountaindent wrote:
Choptop wrote:
Yes, that would look good to have some statement on the cover....the camper already gets some looks but, some Airstream logo or painted mural would be extra cool on the spare tire cover
The easiest solution would be one of those soft tire covers with elastic. Before I sold it, I was considering doing that to mine because the cover was such a headache.

Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

Yes it is but I don't like the look of the soft cover.