Cold weather camping and Happy New Year

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0

Cold weather camping and Happy New Year

Post by Oldbagpipe »

We just completed our first camping trip without towing the race car. Four days of upper 20's and clear. Problem is, I now have a better handle on my propane capacity....only three days :( Fortunately, our friends loaned us their electric heater and we were good!

Happy New Year from the PNW.
Attachments
IMG_3961.JPG
IMG_3961.JPG (34.13 KiB) Viewed 8202 times
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989

Re: Cold weather camping and Happy New Year

Post by Oldbagpipe »

My kids are all in their 30's and I keep gong back to Ernie (Sesame Street) singing: "...One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong, Can you tell which thing is not like the others. By the time I finish my song? Did you guess which thing was not like the others? Did you guess which thing just doesn't ..."
Attachments
IMG_3962.JPG
IMG_3962.JPG (43.26 KiB) Viewed 8200 times
usachris
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999

Post by usachris »

On the plus side... no one will accuse you of trying to compensate for something. :rofl:
Christopher Salazar
1999 B190 #301352
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Oldbagpipe wrote:We just completed our first camping trip without towing the race car. Four days of upper 20's and clear. Problem is, I now have a better handle on my propane capacity....only three days :( Fortunately, our friends loaned us their electric heater and we were good!

I ended up picking up a "Mr. Heater" and a box of the little propane canisters for it, haven't used it yet but it will stay in the B.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

Oldbagpipe wrote:My kids are all in their 30's and I keep gong back to Ernie (Sesame Street) singing: "...One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong, Can you tell which thing is not like the others. By the time I finish my song? Did you guess which thing was not like the others? Did you guess which thing just doesn't ..."
The reality is that your rig probably got more looks and was discussed more than the others.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Choptop wrote:
Oldbagpipe wrote:We just completed our first camping trip without towing the race car. Four days of upper 20's and clear. Problem is, I now have a better handle on my propane capacity....only three days :( Fortunately, our friends loaned us their electric heater and we were good!

I ended up picking up a "Mr. Heater" and a box of the little propane canisters for it, haven't used it yet but it will stay in the B.
Uh, are those safe to use inside? Propane heaters like that usually aren’t. Even catalytic heaters require a source of fresh air.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

skater wrote:
Choptop wrote:

Uh, are those safe to use inside? Propane heaters like that usually aren’t. Even catalytic heaters require a source of fresh air.
Like anything else, a person needs to use due caution, keep a window cracked, have a working carbon monoxide detector... If you know the risked...