Looking for a romantic restaurant in the Monterey area?

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
RobertL
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Looking for a romantic restaurant in the Monterey area?

Post by RobertL »

Hi,
Di and I are traveling to the Monterey area of California, and as it is for our anniversary I am looking for a restaurant that has great food and ambiance.

Any ideas out there? :D
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

Randy's Pier 61....

http://www.pier61.com/
RobertL
Weekend Camper

Post by RobertL »

Great tip for when Di and I get up to the beautiful state of Washington, which is on our short list of must see places to visit in the next 18 months.

But alas not this time. Vacation is paid for and Monterey it has to be, soooo once again any good word on a Monterey area restaurant to help an old man get a spark lit in his lady. :twisted:
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

They are just finishing up a new Anthony's in the boat harbor in Anacortes, which is a very popular seafood restaurant in the Pacific Northwest.

If you ever get up that direction we'll have to get together.

http://www.anthonys.com/home.html

Randys over looks the waterfront also...

http://www.pier61.com/
jburt9

Post by jburt9 »

If you want great food on the water, Abalonetti's on Fisherman's Wharf can't be beat. When we lived there for about 6 years we went regularly and I have been back off and on for 37 years to have Marty's Special which has been on the menu all that time. It's not plush, but great atmosphere, views, and food. If you find somewhere else for your special dinner, at least treat yourself for lunch. Enjoy!
RobertL
Weekend Camper

Post by RobertL »

Well our trip to the Central Coast of California was great. Wish we had bought the Rig before we booked the flight, etc. Reminded us how much we hate to fly.

New rule- Anything under 10 hours is a drive in the Rig.

Kudos on Albonettis. Nice little place for a casual dinner or lunch and the seaside view is a bonus. Good Chowder, Fresh Oysters and Really nice Calamari.

The best place we ate at was in Moss Landing, Phil's Seafood Market- Great Seafood and Cioppino. Food lived up to the hype. The freshest and best cooked local sea bass I have ever had. He beat Bobby Flay in Throw down with his Cioppino and it is excellent.

The Fish Wife in Pacific Grove was really good too, but a bit pricey for what you get.

Take the Wine Bus to Carmel Valley- Great trip and a bonus if you really enjoy your wine like we do. No fear of a DUI.