Bubble wrap insulation

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Bubble wrap insulation

Post by craigmar »

With the winter season upon us, I was looking into buying a roll of aluminum faced bubble wrap insulation from a local trailer supply dealer so that I could cut it to size for the windows in order to keep the heat in when we were camping out this winter.
The cost was pretty expensive for a 10' roll 2' wide but I figured the comfort would outweigh the cost. I didn't buy the roll thinking I would wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday as we were not going to go out until after that day. As luck would have it, my wife and I had to take one of the animals to the vet and we wound up at Petsmart. While she dealt with the vet, I went wandering to the fish area and came upon a staff person that was putting new arriving fish into the tanks. Each box had a foam cooler with the fish inside and on the outside was a peice of the same bubble wrap I had been looking at previously at the trailer supply.
I asked the staff person what he was going to do with the bubble wrap and he said he was just going to throw it away. I asked the obvious question and walked away with 10 peices of double layered aluminum bubble wrap with each peice measuring about 35 and 3/4" long by 25" wide. I figure at the trailer supply store prices, I have over $50 + dollars of insulation. If you are looking for a good deal I would reccomend contacting a local Petsmart or petstore and finding out when they get their fish in and if you could have the bubblewrap insulation.