Anyone know a good parts supplier?

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
Glitzymitzy
New User

Anyone know a good parts supplier?

Post by Glitzymitzy »

I have a 95 B Van that I just bought :D and it needs some sprucing up--
things like a working catch for the bathroom door, covers for the
outside telephone jack, outside oven vent door, etc Any where you have
found a good supplier with parts on hand, or an inexpensive
distributer? One can always hope.

Took my B Van for it's maiden run this weekend and had a blast--I am
going to LOVE IT!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Glad you like it! It is fun, isn't it? :)

Try sending an email to prof899 (at) juno.com. They run South Jersey RV, where they restore Vintage Airstreams and used to be a dealer.

I took some pictures and posted them on the web, then sent an email with a link to the pictures so that SJ RV could see exactly what I needed. Unfortunately I believe I took the pictures offline, but if I still have them I'll post a link to them tonight for you to use.

I think the catches for the bathroom door were $4.99 each. Note that it's the same catch for some of the cabinets, too (well, at least in mine) - such as the long ones that open downward instead of upward. I suggest getting spares - I broke mine at the bathroom door by rummaging around in the closet back there and having the door press against the catch.

Another option - any Airstream dealer should be able to get most of the parts for you. The oven vent door might be a manufacturer item, though - I'm not sure who makes that.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

The Range Hood vent (outside) is made by Jensen for Airstream and can only be purchased from Airstream....they are poorly made and crack very easily, I've made new ones out of aluminum.

Seems like at the old site someone posted a phone number for Airstream Parts direct because they had good luck there....thinking it was Joe.

Dealing with a dealer is a pain in the butt.....most know nothing about our vans.

Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Try this....

Airstream Parts Direct: 937-596-6111 extension 7401

have your "Airstream" Serial Number ready....it found on an aluminum tag under the hood and its not then same as your Vin Number