Motion Sickness

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
lcoldham
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

Motion Sickness

Post by lcoldham »

I am a new B190 owner. I have searched to see if anyone else has had the problem I am having. I have ridden in our rv 3 times. Both times I have had problems with motion sickness. It starts almost immediately and lasts the entire time. MISERABLE!!! I used non-drowsy dramamine on our last trip and it helped but it still made me sleep most of the trip. We have ordered new heavy duty shocks. Hope this helps. I don't have problems with this in our suv. I do have this problem on carnival rides & deep sea fishing. I don't have it an ski boats. SO....I have motion sickness problems but I never expected this. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas of what we can do to reduce the motion in the van? THANKS!!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Motion Sickness

Post by skater »

The shocks will probably help but keep in mind it's a relatively top-heavy vehicle and will sway some.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
funtwodrv
Weekend Camper

Re: Motion Sickness

Post by funtwodrv »

Be sure the tire pressure is correct... Shocks and sway bars may help. If not, my wife has had really good luck with the wrist bands designed for motion sickness. So far, they have done the job! I can't remember the name but, she picked them up over the counter at the local drug store.

Good Luck,
Gary
funtwodrv
Weekend Camper

Post by funtwodrv »

Be sure the tire pressures are correct... Shocks and sway bars may help. If not, my wife has had really good luck with the wrist bands designed for motion sickness. So far, they have done the job! I can't remember the name but, she picked them up over the counter at the local drug store.

Good Luck,
Gary
lcoldham
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

Post by lcoldham »

Thanks for the help! Getting shocks next week and ordered the wristbands tonight. I had never heard of them. We will be leaving in early Feb for a 2000 mile roundtrip...wanting to see if it works or we will have to sell it. I sure hope it works as I LOVE the van. THANKS again!!