Passenger Seat Recline?

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
lcoldham
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

Passenger Seat Recline?

Post by lcoldham »

We purchased a B190 recently and are leaving on a long drive this week. My problem is that I can't get the passenger seat to recline at all. We have the captains chairs with white leather on them. There is a black lever on each side but so far I have only gotten the chair to swivel with that. The seat is very uncomfortable because my neck is pushed forward. Any help?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Passenger Seat Recline?

Post by skater »

lcoldham wrote:We purchased a B190 recently and are leaving on a long drive this week. My problem is that I can't get the passenger seat to recline at all. We have the captains chairs with white leather on them. There is a black lever on each side but so far I have only gotten the chair to swivel with that. The seat is very uncomfortable because my neck is pushed forward. Any help?
One lever lets it rotate, the other ones does the recline. Keep trying - on mine, I really had to pull up pretty hard to get the release to work for the recline.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

If you can't get the lever to work, just look under the seat and you may be able to see where the cable goes. Manually move the lever the cable attaches to. I know this works for the swivel, which is pretty easy to find, but have never had to do it for the recliner. Good luck.
lcoldham
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

Post by lcoldham »

Thanks so much for your replies which helped. As it turns out there was a problem with our cable/lever but we were able to remove it from the lever and operate it manually with pliers. A bit of a challenge but it worked to put the seat in a comfortable position. (1 person gets to pull on the cable and the other push on the seat back) We can operate it this way on our trip and fix it properly when we return.

Which leads me to another question.....where will we be able to find a new cable?