Analog television in the US

In Camper Entertainment - televisions, stereo systems, DVD players, CB radios, computer, internet
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Analog television in the US

Post by skater »

I'm sure most of you have heard about this, but if you're like me, you ignored it because you have cable/satellite at home. Then I remembered that the camper has a TV antenna that I might someday use. :)

If you use the antenna to receive television signals and hook it to an analog TV, be advised that the analog broadcasts will end February 17, 2009 and you will either need a television with a digital tuner or a digital to analog converter box.

Coupons are available (see the link above) that will give you $40 off a converter box. A friend reports that they seem to run about $60/each. Note that there are a limited number of coupons available, so don't delay. But, keep in mind that the coupons expire 90 days (I think) after they're issued.

This does not affect you only use cable TV from campgrounds, or if you have a satellite TV system in your camper. Or if you don't watch TV in the camper at all. ;)

I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised to find these converters are 120 volt only.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit