Winegard crank up antenna

In Camper Entertainment - televisions, stereo systems, DVD players, CB radios, computer, internet
bobbyv
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 1

Winegard crank up antenna

Post by bobbyv »

I am thinking about installing a crank up Winegard antenna on the right rear corner of the roof beside the air conditioner. Can anyone foresee any issues with this installation or has anyone been successful with adding one to their (1999) B190? I am planning to mount the tv above the stove. I do hope to add solar panels in the future so I don't want to interfere with that. Thanks for any help.
seawolf
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 0

Post by seawolf »

For what it's worth, bobbyv, I recently installed a crank-up satellite dish forward and to the right of the A/C on my 98. That put the interior crank in a convenient spot just inboard of the cupboard enclosed generator switch and HW heater switch. Airstream told me I would not interfere with the in-roof TV antenna as long as I stayed away from the vehicle center line.
bobbyv
Weekend Camper

Post by bobbyv »

Thanks alot seawolf, appreciate the info - it's really helpful. I'm checking on exactly where to install so that my crank winds up in a suitable location and still leaves room for hoped-for solar panels some day.

By the way, how did you get in touch with Airstream. My wife emailed them a question about three weeks ago and we still haven't heard from them.
seawolf
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 0

Post by seawolf »

Call A/S at 937-596-6111.
Keep in mind that you don't want the antenna crank to be catching anyone in the forehead... it'll be extending down almost 2 !/2 inches.
Roadhog
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 8063

Airstream contact

Post by Roadhog »

The last phone number I have for the Airstream factory in Jackson Center, OH is 1-937-596-6111. Also chk out googling airstream.
Howard
bobbyv
Weekend Camper

Post by bobbyv »

Thanks alot seawolf and roadhog for the quick response, will try and get a hold of A/S this week and see what they have to say about the crank-up antenna. Great info guys.