Problems and questions with the website go here
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

GMT & Security Code & Avatars....

Post by Alaskan »

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time....

GMT in your Profile refers Greenwich Mean Time.... if you click this link below and scan down you'll see a graph that will assist you in determining GMT for the location where you live.

It will show you GMT minus a particular number....

Take that info and go back into your Profile and choose the correct option...(click the drop-down arrow)...that option, set correctly, relates to the time-stamp in your forum posts..

Then scan down and click on " Save Changes"

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/

Security Code...at Login

Don't forget, in addition to have a User Name & Password we have a Security Code Number in that same box you need to install before you click on Login...

Note the maximum size for Avatars in the fine print....100x100

If you avatar is too large it will not install....if you're not able to re-size it pm it to me or RJ and we will help you with that and return it to you...

Also...if your are linking to an off-site avatar , when you copy & paste in that data make sure you remove the tags to each end and then click on Save Avatar...

Any word in a post that you'd like to appear bold....you simply add [/b] at the end of that word and add prior to the word...note that those tags are different
Last edited by Alaskan on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

(Moved from General Chat to Webiste/Forum issues.) 8)

The security code is a hassle, I'll admit, but it's there to prevent spammers from gaining access. Obviously they could still log in manually but spammers want to use scripts to make it easier, and the security code defeats scripts.

So far, I've yet to see a spammer on a PHP-Nuke system. I'm sure someday that'll change, though, and we'll deal with it when it does.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit