Times on the forum...

Problems and questions with the website go here
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Times on the forum...

Post by skater »

Okay, so someone noticed that the default time zone for the forums was set to Australia or something like that. This doesn't affect anything other than the display of dates and times that messages were posted.

I've set the default in the database to be Eastern Standard Time, which is GMT -5, so new accounts should get that. While poking around in there, I noticed most people had the original default or another odd time zone set, so I reset all of the ones that were GMT +1 or higher (i.e., Europe, Africa, and points east) to be Eastern Standard Time. I did not alter any that were set to GMT time, or time zones west of that (we do have one user in England).

You may want to change this to match your time zone. Keep in mind the software isn't very smart about it; for example, it won't update the time zone setting for daylight savings time. But all you have to do is click on Your Account, then Your Info, and scroll down to Time Zone. Pick the new time zone you want, then click Save at the bottom of the screen.

Eastern Standard Time: GMT -5
Central Standard Time: GMT -6
Mountain Standard Time: GMT -7
Pacific Standard Time: GMT -8
Alaskan Time: GMT -9

Daylight savings time is one more, so Eastern Daylight Time would be GMT -4, Central would be GMT -5, and so on. I have mine on EDT year round... it's not like Standard Time is a very long portion of the year anyway! :)

This site has a list and there are plenty of other sites out there with similar info.

Thanks to the user who brought this to my attention. I don't know who that was, since Alaskan passed it on to me anonymously. :) Since I had set my time zone when I first started the site, I didn't even realize there was a problem, so thanks for pointing it out to me. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit