Can't go anywhere without a working drivetrain
Jersey747
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Abs light

Post by Jersey747 »

Hi Guys
Another question .....I’ve an abs light that is on all the time ....brakes system has been replaced Rotors pads drums pads
All new brake lines rear diff sensor Mechanic says only thing left is abs logic card ????? Does anyone have any Input
Thanks for anything that may help . Have been “bled dry” brake humor !!
Paul
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: Abs light

Post by Kentuckian »

Glad you can still joke about it! Sorry, I can't help... haven't had any experience with that problem.
1993 Airstream B190
baggydew
Weekend Camper

Post by baggydew »

I've had the same proboem for 13 years. Way back when, a mechanic told me to ignore it because it would be too expensive to fix the problem. Told me the ABS system would work regardless. I've put about 70k on the camper since then with no problems and several panic stops over the years. I baby the brakes anyway since the rig is so heavy and look way ahwad when driving.
Jersey747
Weekend Camper

Post by Jersey747 »

Thanks Baggydew
Yep, I agree, dumped a whole lot of money into it.....just like a boat!! Will keep on trucking now that I have whole new suspension and brakes See ya on the road
PC
DavidP
Weekend Camper

Post by DavidP »

I know that this is a old post but I know the 94 units and maybe +- a year or so had a main relay problem. Unfortunately the relay was part of the ABS module so the repair usually required a complete pump assembly. Some years the electrics were available separately from the pump but I don't remember what years. I usually call ford with the vin and see what's available and get the part # and search the internet.
Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Millennial Falcon »

DavidP wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:54 am
I know that this is a old post but I know the 94 units and maybe +- a year or so had a main relay problem. Unfortunately the relay was part of the ABS module so the repair usually required a complete pump assembly. Some years the electrics were available separately from the pump but I don't remember what years. I usually call ford with the vin and see what's available and get the part # and search the internet.
David... since you seem to be talking somewhat specifics... I have a 1994 with the ABS light stuck on. I'd love to get it to go away, and the brakes seem perfectly fine.

Did you do this ABS module replacement and if so on what year? and or... how could I find the module's part number to replace it? or the complete pump assembly's part number? and.... is this a $100 fix or a $1000 fix?

Is it pretty easy to access and swap out?
Last edited by Millennial Falcon on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidP
Weekend Camper

Post by DavidP »

First thing you can do is check fuse #17 20A and #1 15A in the under dash fuse pannel. Fuse V 60A and U 30A and the 4WABS Relay in the under hood fuse box near/under the master cylinder. If all is good then you need to have the ABS scanned for codes and post them. It is ODB1 so it would need to be take to a shop with the older equipment. I have been doing this for 35 years so I have everything. A shop that doesn't have the older equipment I wouldn't have them fix anything because it takes knowledge and experience to fix older vehicles. Some shops don't even know how to work on carburetors let alone early fuel injection.

Lets keep this thread going because I will explain everything in the system as we go. This will cover 92-96 4WABS.
Attachments
20191213_093308.jpg
20191213_093308.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 7441 times
kitemanks
Weekend Camper

Post by kitemanks »

I haven't looked into those so I will. I was told the VSSR can cause that too so I switched out the VSSR on the rear differential. I herd that might help with the bouncy speedometer too, since the ECM had been rebuilt. Thanks for the tip.