Bunk adhesive and headliner

Make it comfortable inside
Kajun
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Post by Kajun »

what is everyone using for adhesive for bonding the wood to fiberglass in the bunk area? Also where is the best place buy the padded headliner?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Personally I’d use Liquid Nails or similar. I don’t know what they originally used, but that’s what it looked like to me.

For the headliner, it’s probably the same stuff that’s in our trailer. I’m not sure I’d recommend it - in our trailer the material separated from its backing, so I’ve been on a years-long project to remove it. It’s a pretty common issue with the mid-90s trailers. We’re leaving it bare aluminum in there, but of course that won’t work for you.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Kajun
Weekend Camper

Re: Bunk adhesive and headliner

Post by Kajun »

Ok cool..I bought some PL premium 8X....hopefully that does the trick for the wood/fiberglass bonding....as for the headliner...I’d really like to hear of alternatives instead of the padded vinyl ..just for the fact that you have to rip out everything to do the ceiling correctly ...but I do like the look of the vinyl and if ya hit ya head it’s cushioned.....maybe the glue and padding is better stuff than what they had 25 yrs ago?
GJCamper
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 5019

Post by GJCamper »

Search "The vinyl question" on this site. One of the members did the headliner with a birch plywood. It looks beautiful.
WBCCI 5019
1996 Airstream B190 purchased August 2017
Kajun
Weekend Camper

Post by Kajun »

Thanks..Yea I seen that posting about the plywood...since I’m getting away from the wood look I was looking for other options but I guess I could just paint it white ...or get some of that panel board stuff that is already coated....or use ozite mouse fur..