ABS light/Brakes

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
BeverlyW
New User
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

ABS light/Brakes

Post by BeverlyW »

Hello All, I did a search in the forum and did not find an answer. I have 1994 and the ABS light intermittently comes on. I have spent too much money at various garages trying to find the answer to this. What I have been told is that Ford no longer makes the ABS module or whatever it is called for this van and the after market parts may not work as the distributors that are called can't agree on which part MIGHT work.

Anyone found an answer to this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jersey747
Weekend Camper

Re: ABS light/Brakes

Post by Jersey747 »

I replaced every single component of brake system on my 94 B190 ....and guess what ??? ABS light is still on!!! Brakes work perfectly So I recommend to motor on and NOT worry and don’t spend any more money on it!!
Scot
Weekend Camper

Post by Scot »

The ABS light on my "94 has been on for many years. My mechanic said it was probably a wheel sensor and didn't want to pursue it. Have had a few heavy duty stops and the brakes worked fine.
DavidP
Weekend Camper

Post by DavidP »

I left a reply for the same topic in another thread. The most common problem with the 94 +- years were the ABS main power relay. It is a integral part of the module/pump assembly. Some modules were sold separately from the pump but you need to call the dealer with the vin to see what is available or get the part numbers and search the internet. The system is OBD1 so you need to get a competent repair shop to pull codes to confirm. I have spent up to $1100 on a modules, So it could be expensive.