Road stories, questions about driving the B190, lessons learned
Lou0403
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1966
WBCCI: 0

Long trip

Post by Lou0403 »

Hi Everyone,

You have all been so helpful to me that I wanted to tell you about this trip. Left TN March 28th and taking my time I am currently in Deming, NM. Stayed a couple of nights in Hot Springs, Ark, a couple in Winnsboro, TX, a couple in Bandera, TX and then down to Big Bend National Park. Suggestion, don't go there without a reservation at the CG that has electricity. I had to stay in one without and it was in the nineties. Then my first problem, generator wouldn't work. Went to an RV place here in Deming and they said it needed a new carburator for $450. Guess I can live without it. So far on this trip I have averaged 12 mpg. However, I keep the cruise control at 55. Big Bend was beautiful with all the wildflowers and cacti in bloom. I didn't realize there were so many interesting places to go to in New Mexico so I guess I'll be here a while before heading up to Utah. Love that state for all the wonderful parks.

By the way you were right. The new expensive shocks you mentioned have made a world of difference. No more being blown around by semis. Thanks for all the advice.

Louo
Reddeer
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: Long trip

Post by Reddeer »

I've been living without the generator for two years. Need that electricity, though. Enjoy the B-190 life.
VT964x4
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Post by VT964x4 »

Lou0403, are you still on the road? Did you make it to Utah?
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

We saw a 92-3 rig in Morro Bay last weekend at Morro Bar RV, the Xanadu IV. Hope everythings Ok and you're back on the road soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk