Window glazing gasket

Maintenance of the body of the camper
Mark
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

Window glazing gasket

Post by Mark »

I need to replace the glazing gasket (?) on my side window and found this product.

http://www.all-rite.com/hehr-glazing-bead-seal

It seems to be the right stuff but I'm wondering how well it will curve around the corners and still be water tight. The corner radius seems to be 2 or 3 inches.

Thanks
If it ain't fun - it ain't done!
DavidP
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Window glazing gasket

Post by DavidP »

Our hehr windows use two different glazing beads. The one in the pic doesn't look like the right one for the fixed window. I use Interstate RV Metal http://interstatervmetalandsupply.com If you are doing all your windows you will need 21ft of 009-842 for the slider and 009-344 for the fixed window. I like Mr clean in a spray bottle. Spray the glazing and stuff it in. Over time the glazing will get hard and shrink so I try to get it as tight as possible before cutting the end to fit.
As for water tight, the fixed window is sealed in place with a special black tar like butyl # 009-495 and the glazing hold it in. The water will leak past the glazing but should come out the drains at the bottom of the window. Now the slider is a different story. In the bottom felt track there are holes in the track. The water will run past the glazing a little and into the track. The holes in the felt track need to be clear and the frame also need to be clean and clear so the water will drain as designed.
Mark
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1997

Post by Mark »

There are in fact two different sizes for one window group. The fixed windows in the group use a smaller size than the operable window. As a result, I now have a whole bunch of the smaller window glazing I don't need. If anyone wants it, I'll sell it for a deal price!

I have about 10 feet of the larger glazing left over. I'd love to get it to a deserving B190!

It's better to PM me rather than reply here.
If it ain't fun - it ain't done!
BuddyR
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by BuddyR »

I ordered samples from Interstate and had them in 2 days. The fit looks to be good so I ordered enough to do it all.
Nervous about the corners, but I will try to be slow and patient!!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I just placed my order for the two gaskets with Interstate as DavidP posted above. Note that the list price on the 842 gasket was $3.42/foot (she knocked it down some from that) and the 344 gasket was $1.42 (I think), plus shipping. Just be ready for some sticker shock when you call. The woman I spoke with was very helpful and friendly!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit