Excessive heat warning!!!

General chat about (almost) any topic. Keep it clean!.....NO Politics..!
Travelisaverb
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Excessive heat warning!!!

Post by Travelisaverb »

I have rig parked in a storage lot in BAKERSFIELD CA. The heat wave is producing temps as high as 111 degrees!!! It not under shade but does have some sun protection during part of the day from other vehicles and walls from storage enclosures. [see photo]
IMG_2639.JPG
IMG_2639.JPG (212.28 KiB) Viewed 17306 times
Should I be concerned?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: Excessive heat warning!!!

Post by Kentuckian »

Whew! That is some hot weather. If it were mine, I would at least open the roof and shower vents to reduce how much heat builds up inside. I'd also keep an eye on the tire pressure of the rear tires, especially if they are getting old.

Maybe this would be a good time to take it out of storage and take a trip up north? <smile>
1993 Airstream B190
Travelisaverb
Weekend Camper

Post by Travelisaverb »

Kentuckian wrote:Whew! That is some hot weather. If it were mine, I would at least open the roof and shower vents to reduce how much heat builds up inside. I'd also keep an eye on the tire pressure of the rear tires, especially if they are getting old.

Maybe this would be a good time to take it out of storage and take a trip up north? <smile>

Travelisaverb
Weekend Camper

Post by Travelisaverb »

Travelisaverb wrote:
Kentuckian wrote:Whew! That is some hot weather. If it were mine, I would at least open the roof and shower vents to reduce how much heat builds up inside. I'd also keep an eye on the tire pressure of the rear tires, especially if they are getting old.

I wish I could. I'm in Chicago. I have tire covers on the wheels and I have the tires parked on top of wooden boards instead of gravel. I guess I'm worried about what this kinda of heat will do to the tires too.

Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Tucsonan »

Our thermometers hit 115 yesterday, with more to come!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
micabarry
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991

Post by micabarry »

This may be a "closing the barn door after the cow got out" response but I've been able to reduce heat (and cold) by buying a roll of 1/4" foil backed insulation from Lowes and cutting out pieces to fit over all my windows and the fantastic vent. Curtains pretty much hold them in place and the fantastic vent piece is slightly larger than the opening so I can press it in. And I also would crack windows and vents if security isn't an issue. Good luck!
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0

Post by 190-b-651 »

Truth Image

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Travelisaverb
Weekend Camper

Post by Travelisaverb »

Report on the heat and what it did to my RV... the headliners had become completely unglued, I've tacked them up for the time being. Also some of the seams on the cabinets doors are starting to split. I'll have to have them reglued. The back window on the driver side expanded a bit and I have a tiny gap that I'll need to caulk. Otherwise, everything seems be okay. I'll be storing her in Reno for the winter this time.

Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Damn, good thing no critters got in and died and... :)